WTB Overdrive

Max162
Max162 Member
edited August 2022 in Parts & Pieces
I'm looking for an overdrive in good condition for my 3 speed manual transmission single lever. R9B-1 would be prefered as I have one with  loose sungears inside, but an R10 overdrive can work too I think ( correct me if I'm wrong on this one). Any idea where I can find an overdrive or parts for it?

Comments

• Try FATSCO in NJ, they advertise in Hemmings Motor News. I’ve bought O/D parts from them in the past.
  • Last time I checked I don't recall Fatsco selling any hard parts for these.  Maybe things have changed?
  • Al Saffrahn in Maricopa, AZ. is a good source for transmission related parts.
  • I did sent an email to Al Saffrahm last time, but didn't have an answer from him yet. I'll be on the lookout for any clues to where I can grab the needed pasrt or an overdrive assembly.
  • Most of the o/d were made by borg warner and are the same internally. The outer cases are different for different cars. I had to rebuild the o/d in a Nash-Healey and took the sun gear and freewheeling assembly out of a early 50’s two wheel drive Jeep and they worked fine.
  • Val
    Val Member
    Roget Talent has several O/D transmissions. Talent R on this forum