Correct hub cap

DocleeDoclee Posts: 42Member
Can someone tell me the correct measurement for the ribbed wheel cover for a 1950 Commodore? I have the impression that the four that came with my car are incorrect. They stand proud of the center and are almost touching the air valve.

Comments

• 54coupe54coupe Posts: 927Member
    edited June 15
    I've only ever seen one size in that style of hubcap. Hudson only used 15" wheels from 48-54. I believe those hubcaps were 50-53 (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), but they should fit all of the 15" Hudson wheels, except Jet. The 16" hubcaps have 7 ribs around the perimeter, so are easily identified, although they were never made with the symmetrical triangle like you have. I am suspicious of your wheels. I have never seen this issue with hubcaps before.
  • DocleeDoclee Posts: 42Member
    Maybe I should just go out and hit them harder. That always seemed to work on the kids.
  • DocleeDoclee Posts: 42Member
    Nope, that didn't work.  It's about 12.75 inches across at the widest, in case anyone wants to compare.  Thanks.
  • cheyenne7271cheyenne7271 Posts: 445Member
    That’s the right cap for your car. Some of my valve stems touch the cap, on most of the Hudsons I have had over the years, never had an issue. 
    51 Hornet Club Coupe
    51 Hornet Sedan
    51 Commodore Six Club Coupe
    50 Pacemaker Deluxe R.I.P. (burned and destroyed in building fire)
    49 Super Six Sedan