Hornet Coupe off to Body/Paint

TwinSuperchargedTwinSupercharged Posts: 48Expert Adviser
1951 Hornet coupe off to the body and paint shop. I stripped all bright work, glass and dash

Car to be jet black with tan wheels and tan interior.

All paint stripped.

Comments

• 54coupe54coupe Posts: 921Member
    Well, this is exciting... Congratulations! I can't wait to see it.
  • barrysweet52barrysweet52 Posts: 639Expert Adviser
    I see that your wheels are painted red. Any idea why many Hudsons have red wheels. Have asked a lot of people and still dont know. Thanks
  • MickeyBMickeyB Posts: 53Member
    My opinion, think wheel color depended on body color.  I don't have any info on what colors were involved.  I personally had red wheels on my 2 restos, a '46 SS convert in Nepal Ivory and a '47 SS convert in Gunmetal.  Both had blackwall tires.
  • keithfullmeryahoocomkeithfullmeryahoocom Posts: 369Expert Adviser
    Red wheels were (and still are, in many circles) considered the ultimate in COOL with pretty-much everybody with a penis from the 50's and 60's.   No car ever went to the race track without them and no car with any self respect under went any modification without them.  I'm telling ya, this may be the first time it has been written, but it was the UNWRITTEN rule!

• TwinSuperchargedTwinSupercharged Posts: 48Expert Adviser
    This coupe was very solid with NO rust. It is very complete both inside and outside. No need to search for missing parts. No major dents or metal work required.

We have four coats of primer with block sanding between each coat. These long panels need to be supper straight for a black car. The roof was first and down to the side panels. Doors to come off first than the front fenders and trunk lid.

• MickeyBMickeyB Posts: 53Member
    Like your T-Bird, I had 2 '64s.