Blackwall or white letter

50C8DAN
50C8DAN Senior Contributor
Getting some new tires for my '54 Hornet coupe.  Trying to decide between blackwall or white letters?  I am leaning toward black walls as it had before.  Along with the wire wheels that I had powder coated.

Comments

• 54coupe
    54coupe Member
    edited May 2022
    I love the look of raised white letter. Your wheels look great, by the way.
  • I love white letters on most everything but I can’t bring my self to do it on a Hudson, I’d go with black on your car since you don’t have a whitewall option. Love those wheels, let’s see the finished product 
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    White Letters would not look period correct. However, just my opinion so do whatever you like
  • kamzack
    kamzack Senior Contributor
    I really like BF Goodrich white letter tires, especially on those rims. BF's are not over done and subtle and not huge. I see them on many upper end collector cars. What color is the car?
  • 54coupe
    54coupe Member

Here is a 54 with raised white letter tires on red wheels. I think it looks great…. Shout out to Vic Zamora.
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    It really is a coin toss, but I finally decided to go with black walls.  Car is Red with black top.  I think white letters look great on mid 60s to early 70s cars, but I was having a problem with it being a bit too busy on my '54. I think if it was a single color and not two-tone it might be better, but anyway....