1939 series 92

andreaandrea Posts: 1Member
Can anyone please tell me if the stickies out trunk has a name and also did the '39 series 92 come out with this sort of trunk or has this one been added later, I can not find any photos of a '39 with one except the one here in NZ?


  • 54coupe54coupe Posts: 1,046Member
    We call it a hump back, or hump trunk in my area.
  • onerare39onerare39 Posts: 1,081Expert Adviser, Member
    They have been called Bustle Back by some folks.

  • KEL 39KEL 39 Posts: 113Member
    In the Master Body Group Parts Book 1930-1939 it is listed as:- 
    Rear Compartment Door Outside Panel Assembly -With trunk 
    Part # C133712 Fits 90-91-98 Sed-Uco 
    Part # C133713 Fits 92-93-95-97 Bro-Sed 
    I have no idea what the differences are? 
      Hopes this helps!
    Ivan L.
  • Huddy42Huddy42 Posts: 1,234Senior Contributor
    In Australia called a boot. (trunk lid panel as shown in photo above.)
  • ValVal Posts: 1,116Member
    edited May 2022
    I had always heard it referred to as humpback. Interesting the other names used. Mine isn't made that way but I have them seen in pictures a couple times over the years. 
Sign In or Register to comment.