Best way to ship a stepdown hood

Kdancy
Kdancy Senior Contributor
Looking to ship one from north fl (I-75 and I-10 intersection) to Siloam Springs, AR
??

Comments

• Lance
    Lance Member
    Greyhound Package Express.  NOT Fastenal. 
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    What is the problem with Fastenal?
  • Lance
    Lance Member
    Jon, Fastenal used to be very reasonable  but something happened and now the rates are not as good as they once were. Quite high actually. Also, My experience locally with them was when I walked into a Fastenal store no one seemed to know they were in the shipping biz!   I recently heard UPS is now working with them so the advantage of lower shipping rates from Fastenal are pretty much gone. Greyhound has very low rates but the downfall here is that you get the shipping rate and transaction number good for that day only.  That is you pay now and then you get the transaction number. Good for that day only. Tracking with them is awful but they do ultimately get it there. However not all Greyhound locations do Greyhound Package Express. Mostly larger cities only . To get the better shipping rate sometimes requires driving to a Greyhound Package Express location possibly many miles away. Restrictions are 100lbs max, 87" max width by 47' wide by 29" height. In spite of all this I would still use the Hound. My 2 cents
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Thanks for updating us on Fastenal and Greyhound Package Express.  It's good to get revised information on these, else we are operating on the "old norms".  Too bad Fastenal has upped the price, though.  And, yes, even in years past, many Fastenal employees knew nothing about their shipping services!