54 Hornet Visor

BigSky
BigSky Senior Contributor
Are the visors for a 54 Hornet altogether different than the earlier visors?  Anyone have photos of a visor on a 54?

Comments

• 54 takes a different visor because of the one piece windshield. You have to drill holes in the roof like on GM visors. Good luck trying to find one.
  • Lance
    Lance Member
    They are different due to the fact that the 48-53 front windshields were divided. In 1954 they were one piece so the entire outside visor was redesigned to reflect that. They were not as popular by 1954 and few were produced . Very rare item.
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    By '54 the visor look was pretty much over and cleaner uncluttered look was the norm.  my guess is that even '52 - '53 most were not crazy about putting on visors.
  • Hudsy Wudsy
    Hudsy Wudsy Senior Contributor
    Dan is right. The look had become passe. There's one picture on "hudson visor" on pinterest which, of course can't be linked here.
  • This one? I think that's the first 54 I've seen with one.
  • Having a visor prevents you from rotating the radio antenna when you want to put a car cover on.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    The use of a variety of visors from the Fulton meant for the 1948-53 Hudsons to Fulton and other makes that fit the profile of the roof have been used. The attached pictures are of a few that I have seen and collected installation pictures.  Hope these will bring some clarity into the 54 Visor scenarios Good luck;

• onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    Having a visor prevents you from rotating the radio antenna when you want to put a car cover on.
    Most car cover companies will tell you to cut a small hole in the cover for the antenna to stick out, they even provide an adhesive grommet to put around the hole to keep the hole from tearing out.  Many collector cars have antennas on various parts of the body, fender, roof, trunk, etc.