1948 Hudson Super Six Club Coupe

Hello everyone,

I have a 48 Super Six Club Coupe that I'm thinking about selling. I have this car completely disassembled at this time. I just don't have the time or money to work on this car.

I have a good 1955 308 engine that need to be bored oversize.  I have a working GM HEI for this engine as well as GM alternator. I have a 2 lever 3 speed with overdrive. I have a 2 lever column shifting column in the car too.

I now have the correct front chrome bumpers for the 48 Super Six. I have new used rear corner panels for this car. I have a good driver door for this car, being that the original door had been damaged by the famous Wyoming wind.

I have a lot of good parts for this car. This includes the brand new steering wheel for the Super Six. I also have a brand new Clifford intake and header exhaust. I have a complete set of 1950 Hudson Hornet emblems for the body and inside of the door. I have a new true roller timing chain, that I purchased from 21st century Hudson

I have purchased most of the parts from Ron Falk, some from Ron Saffron, and some from Lance Walker.

My question is simple, what is a reasonable price for this project car and all of the parts that I have gathered. I am thinking about selling this project car.

Thanks Wookie

Comments

• bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    I can't help you with an overall value, but the Hornet side emblems are 51.  The trunk emblem may extend to 51-53.  You could likely sell those separately without any reflection on the value you'll get for the car and other pieces since they aren't specific to your car.  
  • It's hard to move project cars right now. The project crowd is really shrinking as people with the skills aren't getting any younger and those who are young don't even have the skills to change oil...
  • Hudsy Wudsy
    Hudsy Wudsy Senior Contributor
    Lifetime projects don't have much value right now. Honestly, they may never again.
  • BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    edited April 2022
    Interesting answers…. There were quite a few “lifetime project cars” sold this week at the Hudson auction in Nebraska.  I do agree there are few who have the skills, so it will be interesting to see if they get parted out, become someone’s projects or end up for sale before long.

Then again when prices aren’t fantastic on the old Hudsons, I’d lean towards a completed one too.