47 Hudson Cdre sedan door window trim clips

Calling on anybody who has replaced the trim retaining clips on the trim piece That surrounds each doors window on the surface of the body. I don’t even know what they look like but I must replace them all. 
A part number from a restoration company or at the minimum a picture of what these clips look like would be appreciated, all the trim was off when I got the car

A big thanks to anyone that can help me

Comments

• Toddh
    Toddh Member
    If it’s the thin Commodore-only trim, I believe the trim has multiple folding tabs as part of the stamping.  The tabs go into a series of holes in the door and are spread out to secure the trim. 
  • Sorry did not see the response
    This is the trim that encircles the window opening, and it requires 20 retainers for ea window 
    I am sure somebody in this national forum knows where to get these, somebody at some point in restoring one of these cars had to replace these retainer clips. 
    And I believe it’s Commodore only. 
  • Toddh
    Toddh Member
    I have a set of that trim for a sedan. I’ll have a look at it when I get home later this week

The best place that check for oddball trim retainers is Restoration Specialties in Windber, PA
  • Hey Todd thanks for helping, I did hear about the company you mentioned and Jeff from Restoration Specialties is currently looking to see if they have anything close. If not, I’m hoping someone on the forum notices my issue and can come up with some. 
    This car has about 80 of these clips holding that trim on to the car. Thanks

• Terry, have you tried Auveco? I have a catalog for them.

Dany
  • Thats a new to me ! No I haven’t, can you send info for contact. 
                           Thanks  
  • auveco.com
  • Toddh
    Toddh Member

Here’s the clips he’s looking for
  • That’s The ones I guess