Introduction

I had posted earlier, looking for info on a prospective purchase and thought an intro would be appropriate. Darren Lee from NW Arkansas. I had been wondering why my "new" '51 Commodore 6 was so familiar, then it hit me that the old black car in Grandpa Shorty's shed up in Dodge City (that we were told to stay out of but didn't) was a Hudson. The robe rail and the letters on the radio were the big hint.

I was offered a 54 Jet and a 55 Hornet a few years back, but one of our ice storms caused a tree to smash both of them, so they got scrapped. I have had an eye out for one ever since.

This new one had been patiently gathering dust in a barn for at least 10 years. Before that, it was gathering dust in another barn just up the road since approximately 1970. My friend got it from the owner's widow when he heard it was going to be scrapped. He passed a couple of years ago and I got it from his widow, who was also considering scrapping it. 
Current plan is to live long enough to not have Mrs. Lee scrap it. Heh. I have restored a bunch of cars of all kind for myself, but am especially looking forward to this one.

I will be posting any significant progress and will be joining the HET club later today.

If you happen to find yourself in Northwest Arkansas for some reason, I am in Siloam Springs and would be glad to visit. Or put you to work.

doclee462@yahoo.com

Comments

• Can't wait to see what it looks like in the daylight and dusted.👍
  • Ditto. Just waiting on Jr. to get that trailer and a couple of tractors out of the way and for the ground to dry out a bit. Maybe tomorrow. There are three chicken houses out there just full of stuff. I had no idea that ol' Bob was such a hoarder. Trucks, tractors, old cars. His son has already told me that the '69 Charger is off limits. It looks to be in the same condition as this one. 

• Those 'barn finds' are still out there. People squirrel away all kinds of junk for decades.
  • I did membership for HET and got the paid receipt, but the site says I do not have a membership. Guess I can wait for something in the mail.
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    BTW yours is a 1950 C6, not '51
  • Doh. I blame my phone.

• onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    Doclee said:
    I did membership for HET and got the paid receipt, but the site says I do not have a membership. Guess I can wait for something in the mail.
    Darren,

You are in the Current Member Database, you do have a membership, Thank You so much for joining this wonderful car club.  You will receive the next edition of the White Triangle News which will be coming out the first week of May, and a New Member Packet will be arriving in the mail soon.  In the meantime I will send you a couple of back issues of the White Triangle News I have.

Post photos as you go along and ask questions, lots of good resources available.  Be sure to look around the HET Club Website, lots of good information there too.

John Forkner - Vice President
    Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club
  • I got it straightened out. Thanks for reaching out. I will keep you posted of my aggravation progress.  :)
  • Welcome, congrats on your new to you Hudson, she looks promising. I'm located in NE Oklahoma, near Tulsa.
  • Siloam Springs. Let me know if you're in the area.