1953-54 Jet 3 speed transmission help wanted

Rocket
Rocket Senior Contributor
I would like to know if anyone has put a floor shifter on a 1953-54 Jet T96-1K Borg Waner transmission we have called JEGS and they said they do not sell a kit to do this we were told you have to change the inside of the transmission and make a custom shifter to do this so has anyone done this or is there a modern transmission that will bolt up to a jet motor that will fit into a 1936 Hudson Terraplane pickup truck without cutting the X frame up Thanks.

Comments

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    You can use Willys Jeep top, with stick shift, and have to remove the side shift mechanisms in the  transmisson.
  • They used to make a generic floor shift kit that used the side arms on the transmission and bolted to bolts on the transmission. Used to have one, maybe still do.  The Jeep top shifter might be a better option.
  • Rocket
    Thanks Geoff what year Jeep do I have to find, and do I need the complete transmission when you say you have to remove the side shift mechanisms in the transmission what do I replace them with, or should I just ship the parts to you and could you build one for me thanks Tom.
  • Rocket
    D7fever If you have a generic one is it for a jet thanks Tom.
  • It is supposed to fit any transmission, I think I had it on a mid fiftys Ford.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Rocket said:
    Thanks Geoff what year Jeep do I have to find, and do I need the complete transmission when you say you have to remove the side shift mechanisms in the transmission what do I replace them with, or should I just ship the parts to you and could you build one for me thanks Tom.
    The Jeep transmission top has the selector shafts and forks built in.   Any War-time Jeep. You would have to remove the side-shift forks and detents, and plug the holes.      Would be an expensive proposition to ship a transmission and  top to New Zealand!
  • Rocket
    D7fever and Geoff thank you for posting comments on this my friend has found everything he needs to do the job Tom.