In need of a set of new lifters for a 254.

Throwing out some feelers for a set of (new) lifters if someone has a set. Been trying to contact Dale Cooper with no success and Doug is currently out. Last part I need to finish my 254 8 engine for the International meet, anyone have some or has a lead please contact me.

Comments

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    I had mine resurfaced during my rebuild a number of years ago.  I have not had any issues since.  A lot cheaper than buying or even finding new ones.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    If the wear is not too great they can be easily reprofiled, as Dan says. I have made up a jig for my valve refacer machine to do this.  
  • Found out the trick from some members suggestions is to email Dale. Heard back from him today and have a set ready. 
    Regrinding a set would not have been out of the question. However every shop I have talked to was either too busy and didn't want to take on any more work. Or didn't want to reface the curve. Odd as I had big six lifters reground years ago with no issues from the engine shop. Times are changing. Just don't have equipment personally to take on a profile grind at this point or I'd be interested in learning. Thanks for the suggestions.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Thanks for update on your experiences, Brandon
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    If you can face the postage costs to N.Z. , I can do them for you.
  • Over on one of the mustang forums there was a guy that bought new lifters and the metal used Dicinigraded by the end of the break in period . Watch out for Chinese garbage !  Dale is kinda difficult to get ahold of, I got lucky one time and never since haha.
    best of luck !
    -Blake