Manifold preliminary pricing - need some feedback

50C8DAN
50C8DAN Senior Contributor
I have gotten back some preliminary pricing on the 2x2 intake manifold that I designed.  As I expected, pricing has gone up on almost everything.  As it sits right now I am looking at an approximate price of $1,050 ea finish machined for 30 units, $980 for 40 units, and $925 for 50 units. 

I would like to get some feedback if this is workable for the ones that have put their names on the list.  I will be sending out emails to those that I have emails and PMs for everyone else.  

I apologize for the price, but these numbers actually are less than my breakeven for what I have spent so far and the cost going forward with the casting house.  As you migh guess only running a small number of units I don't get an Edelbrock discount.  

Comments

• 50C8DAN, Put me down for one of your intake manifolds. I am on your head list as well. Thanks, Fred
  • 50C8DAN
    Thanks.  

• Dan, how many are we at for manifolds?
  • 50C8DAN
    Well, there were about 12 or 13 several months ago.  As of now I think there are about 6, so quite a ways to go.  The head is at 24 so it looks like it may go soon hopefully.  I just put an ad in the WTN for the manifold, but it may not get in until the may June edition.
  • 50C8DAN
    We are now up to 10 for the manifold

• I want one. PM sent.
  • 50C8DAN
    thanks you are on the list
  • brumac
    brumac Expert Adviser
    Dan, I am still in there for 1
  • 50C8DAN
    We have 19 signed up so far.  I am in the process with Grimgreaser to print a first-off 3D model.  I am planning to attend the tech session at the Nationals in Ypsilanti and hope to get enough, at least 30, to move forward on the project.  The head is almost there but probably will wait until the nationals to see if we can get a few more commitments.
  • Dan am I on your list already? If not, I'm interested
  • 50C8DAN
    Max I did not have you or Brumac so you two make now a total of 20.  We are getting there.  One thing that we will need to do once the manifolds are cast is to have some of you test them with the 32/36 progressive carbs and the 38/38 synchronous.   I am thinking that progressives will be the best option for most applications, except for those wanting to go all out.  I think we can use a stock 308/262/232 1 two barrel linkage for the Webers as they will pull across the block as opposed to pulling parallel.