Radiator shroud ?

50SuperFalcon
50SuperFalcon Member
edited January 2022 in HUDSON
Does anyone have a photograph of a radiator shroud between the grill and radiator ?

My car is missing it and begins to overheat when sitting at a light , it’s not pulling air properly without it . 
Thanks 
-Blake

Comments

• Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    Some put on a 5 blad fan then close all possible places air can go over, under, or beside the radiator instead of thru rad.. I installed a universal chrome shroud from Swap meet that work well. Dont have pic tonight. Be sure the radiator is clean because usually the stock set up woks fine in most cases depending on your climate
  • The cooling system works really good , it’s better than my 65 ford (cleaner too). The air that is going over the radiator is not helping the chokes. My fuel economy takes a nice jump up on a hot day , due to the choke being open all the way . 
    Should I make an adjustment to the choke? 
    As well as make that shroud?
  • Ol racer
    Chokes should be closed  when motor is cold then fully open when motor is Hot
  • Check that the seals between the radiator and core support are there and in good shape, if not this will let air go around the radiator 
  • @Ol racer I know that, but being an automatic the cold air going over the radiator is massing with the mechanism. 

@cheyenne7271 there’s seals around the radiator, I missed that in the manual . I’ll take a look today. Where does one get that if mines shot?
  • Use Gorilla tape around radiator--anywhere air will bypass it; LOOK AT IT ! The 2 scoops here are to get more air into the radiator. More air the merrier !

• Ol racer
    Are your chokes closing a bit when Mtr is Hot? If so, then you simply need to rotate the black choke adjustment knobs when the Mtr is Hot so the choke butterfly remains Open. Next morning with Mtr cold, ensure the  butterfly is pretty well closed to help cold start-up. Its a trail & error compromise may take a few days.
  • They need pretty warm temps to completely open , so I might give them an adjustment