Final Manifold design

50C8DAN
50C8DAN Senior Contributor
Here is the final Twin H (squared) intake manifold design.  It has all the bells and whistles I think can be included.  No pricing yet, need to do the 3D print for fit then tooling and production pricing.

Dan

Comments

• Very cool!
  • Ready to see price on this  ! !.......where will it be manufactured  ?
  • 50C8DAN
    It will be manufactured in the US, where else?
  • USA for your Hudson that was imported from Detroit. It is a shame though that so many parts are reproduced else where. 
  • 50C8DAN
    I agree that too many of the old car hobby parts are being made in Asia and possibly elsewhere.  However, you can easily understand the problems.  I have been working on this manifold for the last two years, 6 years if you count the time I wasted dealing with Larry at Clifford and his promises to doing this job.  However, over the last two years I have watched as aluminum alloy pricing had jumped 50 to 80% (my company buys aluminum in decent quantities), many of the small sand casting companies have closed or scaled back and few of any of them want to deal with small runs of 30 to 100 units.  I am hoping I can get this manifold done at an affordable price for interested Hudson owners.  I have no desire to make any money on this project, but hopefully can just break even.  We will see what comes as I go out for pricing, but I will not take this project to any off shore suppliers, it either gets done in the US or not at all.
  • 50C8DAN
    some additional views:

• That’s gonna be one slick set up!
    can’t wait to hear how it runs!
  • 50C8DAN, What are the tube like runners on each intake section that end in a cap?
    Can you post the carburetor mounting hole dimensions? 
  • Bosses for injectors if you want to drill and tap and go EFI with something like Megasquirt. Pretty cool, eh?
  • super651
    super651 Senior Contributor
    Dan, saw all of the Manifold Sides and the Design looks very,very good and will have to
    wait to see the Aluminum finished product, but it will look  better   and reduce the weight from
    my TWN H  set up on my 1951 Super six 308 Powered  HUDSON.   PAL  RUDY B.
  • 50C8DAN
    As Superwasp notes the round bosses on the runners are for fuel injectors if one wants to go that way.  The ribs are just for decoration!  Bolt pattern is 3 1/8" x 1 3/4", As noted before this is for Weber DGV carbs.  There are numerous adapters you can buy to adapt single and two barrels to this pattern as well. 

Here is the design for the center part of the manifold. to be added after fit test.

• 50C8DAN
    Here is a photo of a Weber DGV.  They come in two types - 32/36 progressive and 38/38 synchronous.  Various jets, etc are easily changed.  Various chokes are available as well, manual, what heated, electric heated, although unless you want to monkey with it, the electric choke is by far the best choice.

• Any update on this? I am very
    interested. 
  • 50C8DAN
    At the moment I am still taking names.  I have 17 on the interest list and looking for 30 to make it affordable.  I may take a model as well as an example of the new head to the Nationals in Ypsilanti and hopefully get more interest.