Anyone have a large 3D printer that can help with the manifold project?

50C8DAN
50C8DAN Senior Contributor
As noted, I am at a point of needing to print a full-scale manifold for fit and details before going out to foundries for quoting.  If you know someone that could help out please send me a PM.

thanks for your support

Comments

• 50C8DAN
    Note I am not looking for a 3D printer capable of printing the entire manifold in one piece.  The way these are typically done is in pieces that are then glued together.
  • GrimGreaser
    GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
    edited January 2022
    I have a Ender 3 and would be happy to help, would just need help with filament cost. Print size is 220x220x250mm.
  • dholck
    dholck Expert Adviser
    Dan; I've also thought about this technology and I was surprised to see how hard it was to find locally.  I note that some UPS locations advertise 3D printing.  This website talks about online 3D printing resources; 
    https://www.allthat3d.com/best-3d-service-online/
    This place says to upload your 3D files for an instant quote;
    https://www.makexyz.com/
    I see from another posting that you will have the CAD 3D files, so that should work for a number of these 3D printing companies. 
    I wonder what it would cost to print the whole thing in Inconel (takes temps up to 2200 °F), if it were possible - VERY expensive, probably.  
  • 50C8DAN
    As many of you might guess I am into this pretty deep already with the CAD, scanning, and now the modeling refinements.  I had hoped that Warren would be still around but it looks like he has vanished, at least for now.  Printing this in metal, many copies would be prohibitive and also as heavy as our cast iron stock manifolds.  I do have some places that will do contract printing, upload your Stp files and send you a quote.  Grim if you have a large enough printer I am sure I can foot the bill for the filament.  I hope to have my model files ready to go by mid-next week.  So I will come back with pdfs for everyone to view and then Grim we can go from there.

thanks to all for the support.  I am really hoping I can get this off the ground.