4 wheel disc brake conversion

Has anyone replaced the drum brakes and brake pedal/ mechanism for 4 wheel disc brakes? If so please let me know the parts and pieces used and pictures if you have them 😁

Comments

• 1920 or 1953?  You should focus on front brakes and not rears. Much here if you will use 'search' at the top right.
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    There are two companies selling either complete kits or brackets for front stepdown disk brakes - ABS and Scarebird.  I have the ABS complete kit.  I am not aware of anyone selling a rear disk brake setup, does not mean it is not out there, but I have not seen one.  If it is your '53 it is a Dana 44 so there may be kits for that axle but it would need to fit your wheels, etc.  As Richard said, focus on the fronts, rears are not worth the effort unless you are racing or looking for some track time.
  • Thank you. Can you also replace stock pedal and brake pedal mechanism under car hanging on inside of frame rail? Would love to put hanging pedal and master cylinder mounted to the firewall
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Go to my website and there are several PDF HOW TO DO articles on installation of Disc Brakes on a stepdown.  There is a complete write up by a contributor who put rear disc brakes on his 54 Hudson.   I know Lincoln Versailles at one time had a 8 inch rear with posi that was equipped with cable operated emergency brakes that were part of the DISC brake setup on the rear end.   My website:  https://hudsonrestoration1948-54.com/  go to the Brakes section.