Wanted: 1950 Commodore Sedan

Hudsy Wudsy
Hudsy Wudsy Senior Contributor
I'd like to find a '50 Commodore sedan in reasonably nice condition. Six or Eight cylinder, either is fine. Currently drivable is a big plus. James Sheehan MN

Comments

• Hudsy Wudsy
    Dan, it's nice of you to respond to my ad. I thank you for that. I've thought about that one a lot, but I don't think that I see $20,000 worth of car. The interior is quite shabby looking, I think. Maybe I'm wrong, do any of you have an opinion?
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Yep needs new upholstery.  I would want to either check it out myself or someone that knows Hudsons.  If it just needs upholstery it may be a $15K car?  
  • Hudsy Wudsy
    Yes. I agree with you on both points. I wish that there were more fabrics with an authentic quality to them, but it's been seventy years since this car was built. We can't expect the impossible. 
  • You can get authentic fabrics from SMS Upholstery . Yes, before everyone starts screaming, some people have had good luck with them, some not. So beware. I got exact replacement fabric for my 1951 Pacemaker. Very happy with the result.

• 😂😂 SMS is a lightning rod topic here.. 
  • Hudsy Wudsy
    You can get authentic fabrics from SMS Upholstery . Yes, before everyone starts screaming, some people have had good luck with them, some not. So beware. I got exact replacement fabric for my 1951 Pacemaker. Very happy with the result.

Thank you for your response!