interior stainless trim for '53 Wasp

dalmadalma Posts: 15Member
I'm after the 2 stainless trim pieces (left and right) that go below the rear quarter window on a '53 Wasp. They're the same size as the ones that go in front of the rear door handle. Can anyone help please?

Comments

• cheyenne7271cheyenne7271 Posts: 372Member
    Lemme check my parts car in the morning 
    51 Hornet Club Coupe
    51 Hornet Sedan
    51 Commodore Six Club Coupe
    50 Pacemaker Deluxe R.I.P. (burned and destroyed in building fire)
    49 Super Six Sedan
    I do have that trim piece it’s on the left side and if it’s the same on the door I have that too I would have to dig through the car under all the junk to see if the right side door trim is there but so far what I can see is I have two pieces. How many do you need?
    51 Hornet Club Coupe
    51 Hornet Sedan
    49 Super Six Sedan
  • dalmadalma Posts: 15Member
    Great to hear. I need two. Left and right - although each would fit either side. At a guess I would think trim pieces on a '51 Hornet sedan would be the same. The door trim pieces I have that sit in front of the rear door handle are exactly 1ft long by 7/8" wide. But here's the rub. I'm in Australia. Could you give me a price plus postage to Melbourne please? I know the pandemic has caused rises in international postage prices but could you check it out anyway? Many thanks Cheyenne. Good luck.
    Bill.
    Yes I will. If I can’t find the exact left and rights for the inside quarter trim, I’ll compare the two left pieces and make sure they are the same. It’s funny the car I am parting out is a green Wasp w green interior. Let me know if there’s other pieces you might need if I’m shipping them anyway. 
    51 Hornet Club Coupe
    51 Hornet Sedan
    49 Super Six Sedan
  • 53NamedGeorge53NamedGeorge Posts: 97Member
    Not 100% sure but it looks like it should be the same as the 53 hornet . Good luck!
    Yeah I’ll check my 53 hornet parts car and see what it has
    51 Hornet Club Coupe
    51 Hornet Sedan
    49 Super Six Sedan
    Thanks Cheyenne. Will do regarding other pieces needed but it’s just those 2 pieces under the rear quarter windows right now. BTW the photo of the green interior I used to identify the trim pieces is of a ‘53 Hornet I downloaded off the net. It ain’t my car unfortunately. Nice car.
    Bill.
    Good news re my search for the 2 stainless trim pieces that go below the rear quarter windows of my '53 Wasp. A local (Melbourne, Australia) Hudson collector has found a pair for me. Many thanks to those who checked out their own collection of spares.