1936 versus 1937 outer door handles

2manyprojects
2manyprojects Expert Adviser
can someone please post pics of both years so i can see the difference. thank you

Comments

• Don't have a 36 handle on hand. Here is a correct locking 37 handle for reference. 
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I believe this is the 1936 Hudson door handle.  (I'm not sure if one, or both left & right sides, have the lock.)

Last I heard, these (and other cast trim) are being reproduced through 3D printing, by

HV3DWorks LLC, 322 Compton Court Dr., Sewickley, PA 15143

http://www.hv3dworks.com/

724-266-7925

• 2manyprojects

• 2manyprojects
    first photo of two handles the lower handle is a 37 terraplane the upper one is unknown to me the other 2 photos are trunk handles  with no ribbing and long stems.  can someone identify the unknown handle and the trunk handles ? thank you paul

• lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    The " Trunk" handles may be garage door handles. a lot of guys use them. There are different  quality pieces.
  • barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    My understanding is 1936 escutcheons are a little fatter than 1937 and there is a casting line the length of the door handle. 1937 door handles have a short casting line.

• Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    Jon B, don't you remember ...  the locks were on the right front door.  Hudson didn't put locks on the "street side," to discourage getting out the left side into the traffic.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    My Terraplane left the factory that way, Park, but I made some changes....