Disc brake conv.

RichieRichie Posts: 982Senior Contributor
Does anyone know if Matt Faust still sells the disc brake conversion kits? I want to convert my 51 Hornet. Thanks. Richie.

Comments

  • GrimGreaserGrimGreaser Posts: 821Senior Contributor
    I dont think Faust has them anymore, but these guys provide the plates and parts list to convert:
    https://scarebird.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=95&product_id=210
    I haven't done it, but last I priced things out it was around $300 in parts.
  • 50C8DAN50C8DAN Posts: 2,364Senior Contributor
    Neither Faust or LaBud do brakes any longer. I bought this ABS kit for my '54 Hornet.  Was drop on.  http://abspowerbrake.com/maincatalog_frameset032.html

  • RichieRichie Posts: 982Senior Contributor
    I dont think Faust has them anymore, but these guys provide the plates and parts list to convert:
    https://scarebird.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=95&product_id=210
    I haven't done it, but last I priced things out it was around $300 in parts.
    Thanks GrimGreaser.
  • Ol racerOl racer Posts: 2,573Senior Contributor
    Ive made my own Disc Brake setup using Chry Sebring Rotors with GM Calipers. I made my own Spindle Bracket too and did not take that much engineering. However, it did take some time and if I were to do another, I would contact Scarebird Classic Brakes that sell a nice Plasma cut Bracket (little over $100) for ANY old car supplying you with a complete parts list of components to purchase at local Auto Store to install Disc Brakes.
  • RichardDRichardD Posts: 745Member
    as info: here are the parts on mine: '53 (w/o bracket):


  • RichieRichie Posts: 982Senior Contributor
    50C8DAN said:
    Neither Faust or LaBud do brakes any longer. I bought this ABS kit for my '54 Hornet.  Was drop on.  http://abspowerbrake.com/maincatalog_frameset032.html

    50C8DAN, I sent you a reply yesterday but must have hit preview instead of post, as it was still sitting hear today. Thanks for your comment. Richie.
  • RichieRichie Posts: 982Senior Contributor
    Ol racer said:
    Ive made my own Disc Brake setup using Chry Sebring Rotors with GM Calipers. I made my own Spindle Bracket too and did not take that much engineering. However, it did take some time and if I were to do another, I would contact Scarebird Classic Brakes that sell a nice Plasma cut Bracket (little over $100) for ANY old car supplying you with a complete parts list of components to purchase at local Auto Store to install Disc Brakes.

    Thanks Ol racer, I checked their site and looks like a good deal. Richie.
  • RichieRichie Posts: 982Senior Contributor
    RichardD said:
    as info: here are the parts on mine: '53 (w/o bracket):


    RichardD, that's a lot of information, thanks very much. Richie.
Sign In or Register to comment.