1929 Essex Challenger Super Six Coach for Sale

Last registered as historical in 1979. I purchased it in 1986 and last drove it in October 1987. Car was prepped for long term storage (over 30 yrs.) and recently broughtr out. I believe this car to be 100% original and complete (survivor), however it had been repainted sometime before 1979. Sheet metal is solid, chrome shows slight aging but still has brillant shine, frame has no rust scale and excellant detail to interior trim pieces. This would be an easy restoration project as everything is there, or minor work needed to preserve and drive as historical survivor. Asking $13,500 but all reasonable offers will be considered.

Comments

• wow that's nice .. i have a 28 , restored...
    but motor and transmission is 1972 toyota 1600cc, rest is all '
  • Nice look to your '28. Funny, never thought I would hear of anyone else putting a Toyota engine in an Essex. I started my other '29 Essex into a street rod back in 1984 and set the whole drive line up with a 1982 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl. engine, tranny and rear end. Never finished the project (first daughter born) and it's been stored away in garage all these years.
  • I'm stunned this hasn't sold already.  Beautiful car for a GREAT price!  If I was in the marked (unfortunately not) it would be in my garage.