Instrument gauges lettering on '53 Wasp

dalmadalma Posts: 27Member
Probably a regular query but does anyone know (a) how to replace the lettering on the inside of the glass on the "FUEL", "TEMP", etc instrument gauge and (b) which font it is?


  • 53NamedGeorge53NamedGeorge Posts: 130Member
    There are some nos ones floating around that I’ve seen . If there anything like the hornet they glow in the dark , and that in 1953 if I’m not mistaken means radium . Anywho , if you want you might be able to find a sign painter that has glowing paint and have it repainted. Also most watchmakers will have this modern radiumless paint, if your lucky they’ll do it for you.
    good luck 
  • dalmadalma Posts: 27Member
    Thanks Blake. I'll give that a try.
  • GrimGreaserGrimGreaser Posts: 831Senior Contributor
    In all my internet galivanting - I swear I've seen a vendor who does screen printing of gauge glass with glow-in-the-dark ink.  Can't seem to find them now...  But I have had a local laser engraver etch gauge markings into glass for me.  I've developed lettering from the 50's Hudson font, if needed.
Sign In or Register to comment.