Wanted 1940-41 front springs

12BoltTom
12BoltTom Senior Contributor
Used or NOS. Part # 162530 . This is a low load rate spring.
The # is stamped into the upper part of coil on the side.
Need a pair. 319 310 6920 or Tom@12bolt.com

Comments

• onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    Tom,

Have you given any thought to joining the club again.  Lots of good resources, want ads, chapter connections, club roster.  Great people on the Central Iowa Chapter.

John Forkner
  • Got mine from Napa
  • 12BoltTom
    Thanks Paul. I just put in a NOS set that are rated for 1490 lbs. The old springs were rated at 1650 lbs.  The problem we are having. The new engine is lighter than the OEM unit. The suspension is sitting at full height. I hate cutting springs as it changes the coil rate (can make them act stiffer). I thought maybe a well used set of 6 cyl springs would fit the ticket. If I could find some.
  • Would 1940-47 six cylinder springs all be the same? Or were 40-42 short wheelbase different? Eaton Detroit Spring should have the specs for these, and you could have new ones made to your liking.
  • The 162530 part # is also for 42/46-47 and is rated for load- 1396- rate 253. This is the lightest load for Hudson’s of these years. Don’t know if the 90lbs would make any difference for you. 
  • 12BoltTom
    The 3/4 ton truck front springs are rated at over 1600 lbs. This is what it had. It proudly sit on the upper stops with my current engine.

• 12BoltTom
    Well good news. The NOS springs we installed are settling in with weight on the tires. The suspension will now move down fairly easily. The still sit near the top, but the hood is in the box and so are the seats. Once the full weight is on front. It should settle in further.