Tune up Part Numbers for 308

BigSky
BigSky Senior Contributor
I called my local Napa & they gave me the following part numbers for a 54 Hornet, can anyone confirm these?  Does anyone have alternate numbers? They have all but they don’t carry the rotor & shipping to get one is $12.

Cap:  AL106
Rotor:  AL112
Condenser:  AL869

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser

CAP - AL106

Points - CS719A

Condenser -  AL869

Rotor- AL112

These are from my website and as you can see they mirror what you posted.   Maybe you can get the local shop to have the rotor moved from warehouse to your local shop without the cost of shipping?  I do that and do not get charged a shipping charge?

• BigSky
    edited June 2021
    Good idea, unfortunately it was the warehouse location so they have to ship it in from out of state.  While O’Reillys & Advanced Auto parts web sites showed nothing when I called O’Reillys they did have the rotor I needed.  

Since I still have one arm in a sling from rotator cuff surgery, so I decided to start by changing plugs & testing wire resistance.  I found a bad end right off the bat on plug #1.  That fixed should definitely help it run better!

• Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Rockauto.com has them all
  • BigSky
    Thanks.  However the reason I was asking about actual part numbers was so that I can buy the parts locally.  If the local parts stores sell them then they will keep stocking them but if I only order by mail then they definitely won’t carry them in the future.  Thus I’d be stuck waiting a week for parts, not what I’d call ideal. 
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    Rock Auto delivers my parts in two days via first class mail. 
  • BigSky
    Anything I’ve looked at buying from Rockauto in the last few years comes from multiple locations & thus shipping charges from each.  In the end what looks to be a good deal doesn’t end up that way.  Plus add in the possibility of needing to return something & it’s so not worth buying at Rockauto.
    It takes Amazon prime 6-7 days to deliver to me & that with the supposed to be “Prime 2 day shipping”.  
    I would much rather buy locally because 1) I get it that day, 2) I can compare the new to the old product before buying, 3) easily returned an item that isn’t used or isn’t right, 4) I support my local community & neighbors.
  • Totally agree. The RockAuto nonsense of shipping from multiple warehouses really destroys their appeal from a pricing standpoint. Years ago I went to order cabin air filters for my daily drivers and shipping would have been 2x more than the filter cost. Then, for more than a year they barred shipping to my city because of fights over how to apply the 12 different sales tax rates in my state. I gave up on RockAuto and never went back.