rockers

2manyprojects
2manyprojects Expert Adviser
are the rockers the same 1948-1953 ? i know there are coupe and sedan. is the only difference some years have retainers in different places for trim ? if so can the extra retainer be removed if not needed so the piece will work for multiple years ? thanks

Comments

• The rockers are different lengths on the coupe and sedan. I found someone that can repair them. He is back east. He will be doing one of mine that is badly damaged
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Actually the length on coupe and sedan are the same, but they don't interchange because of the size of the door openings. Wasp and Pacemaker are shorter. Trim retainers can be removed (not easy) or added to accommodate different models.
  • 2manyprojects
    i asked the question because i have two rockers i would sell. one is a coupe and one is a sedan both full size cars 48-53. one is NOS with the metal tag from HUDSON still attached. the other is very good used.
  • ski4life65
    Left or right sides?
  • 7XPacemaker
    7XPacemaker Senior Contributor
    :D Don- are you trying to corner the market?
  • BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    I think Don has already on skirts & steering wheels!  ?
  • Don’t forget twin-h air cleaners too ?
  • ski4life65
    Of course. Trying to corner market on all of the good stuff.... >:)
  • I’m just getting started, have to hoard stuff for ourselves and fellow members when you find things so they don’t get scrapped by someone who doesn’t know what they have
  • 7XPacemaker
    7XPacemaker Senior Contributor
    I’m just getting started, have to hoard stuff for ourselves and fellow members when you find things so they don’t get scrapped by someone who doesn’t know what they have

That is a very true statement. As people get older and pass on, sometimes their family members just throw out the parts and don't want to be bothered...

• BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    I’m just getting started, have to hoard stuff for ourselves and fellow members when you find things so they don’t get scrapped by someone who doesn’t know what they have

That is a very true statement. As people get older and pass on, sometimes their family members just throw out the parts and don't want to be bothered...

All too often that happens!
  •  it just seems many of us here think alike... I like old pickup trucks but a Hudson will be the only car that I drive for the rest of my life. Instead of investing my money in stocks gold or silver I invest in Hudson parts so that way I can keep my Hudson running for the rest of my life. I invest in myself and self-sufficiency... not to mention keeping the parts of available to other Hudson owners like 7x pacemaker stated.
    @2manyprojects... when I get back to Michigan I would love to meet up and take a look at any Parts you might still have available for sale.
  • 2manyprojects
    they are both lefts for sale