‘51 Pacemaker center point steering repair

Yesterday I was changing some fluids and greasing my recently acquired ‘51 Pacemaker and found that the center point steering pivot has play in it and I’m trying to locate a center point pivot in good shape or the parts and pieces to repair mine. I found 21 century Hudson’s website but it doesn’t seem that they have them in stock.  I’m also looking for advice on what has worked best for some of the other members. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you 

Comments

• Gert Christiansen in Utah also does a rebuild kit for these. He is in the roster.
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    I believe Wildrick sells them too.  At least here are the bearings:

https://www.wrphet.com/hudson-driveline-and-suspension-parts

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    The pieces and parts to keep your Hudson going can be obtained from the vendors listed on my website.  

https://hudsonrestoration1948-54.com/index.html
  • Courtesy Man
    Courtesy Man Expert Adviser
    If the pin is in good shape I sell a replacement bushing (and new nut) for $40 plus $7 Priority Mail shipping. If you ask Press Kale he put close to 100,000 miles on one of my bushings. It is an easy repair except for removing the old needle bearings - a press is best for that. Installation in the cast iron housing is done with a dead blow hammer and check any movement from the wear on the original washers top and bottom. Please email me at: HETgtkristi@comcast.net. (remove the HET) Gert Kristiansen - member since March 1968.
  • If the pin is in good shape I sell a replacement bushing (and new nut) for $40 plus $7 Priority Mail shipping. If you ask Press Kale he put close to 100,000 miles on one of my bushings. It is an easy repair except for removing the old needle bearings - a press is best for that. Installation in the cast iron housing is done with a dead blow hammer and check any movement from the wear on the original washers top and bottom. Please email me at: HETgtkristi@comcast.net. (remove the HET) Gert Kristiansen - member since March 1968.
    Sorry about butchering your name Gert.
  • Lance
    Lance Member
    I have those if interested.