Rochester 2G Carb question

I am planning to purchase from Charlie Price Vintage Speed 2 by 2carb adapter to a 4 barrel. I am using this on my new Clifford Performance intake. Does anyone have an opinon on using the small base Rochester 2G carburator?

Comments

• Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    Ive used dual Rochester 2GC from a Pontiac V8 that have a large Base then Chevy that worked well on a fabricated dual Intake. However, why not just use a Holly 4bbl?
  • You get more even fuel distribution to the end and all cylinders with two carbs versus one in the middle. 
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Perhaps, but the 2x2 adapter only funnels the fuel back to the middle of the 4bbl carb intake plenum.  it is more for show than real performance.  They also make a 3x2 adapter as well that fits on a 4bbl plenum.

ARB ADAPTER-2X2 TO 4V  Our New Dual Roch Carb to 4V Intake   This is our new adapt plate that will let you run 2 Roch sm base 2g, Stromberg WW, or carter 4 bolt carbs with the (3 1/4" x 1 7/8") bolt pattern on a 4 barrel intake with the carter AFB (Edelbrock)5 5/8"x 4 1/4" 4V pattern. Get the early nostalgia look without changing your intake. Up to about 600 cfm with this setup. Perfect for a SB Chevy street setup. You can also use two of them on a 2 four intake and have 4 deuces inline. Comes with the hardware to mount. They work great with straight or our progressive linkage. Precision machined cast alum. with our VINTAGE SPEED logo. Check out our (FUEL SYSTEMS__COMPLETE) section also. $150. more if you want it show polished. (say - polished in special instructions box on the order form.)
    MADE IN THE USA!!!