1935 Hudson hubcap wanted

rnrracingrnrracing Posts: 3Member
Hello, 
I am looking for a hubcap to fit my spare for a 1935 Hudson.  It does not have to be in perfect condition, I just want something to cover the hole that looks somewhat period correct. I attached a picture for reference.

Thank you. 

Comments

• Old Fogey UKOld Fogey UK Posts: 609Expert Adviser
    If you're not worried about originality and if it's only for the sidemount, you could probably use a Baby Moon type hubcap.
  • rnrracingrnrracing Posts: 3Member
    I would be up for that.  do you know who might sell one that would fit the original clips on that spare tire cover?  I am not 100% sure how to measure to make sure anything would fit.
    I don't have a sidemount on my '34 but in rnrracing's pic the hole that the hubcap covers looks smaller diameter than the stock hubcap.
    Baby Moons come on a wide variety of diameters and fixings so with a bit of ingenuity it should be possible to cobble together a solution using one.
    rnrracing said:
    I would be up for that.  do you know who might sell one that would fit the original clips on that spare tire cover?  I am not 100% sure how to measure to make sure anything would fit.
    Try this website for a large variety of Baby Moons 

www.hubcapmike.com

Hubcap Mike will probably be able to give you advice about what to do.

• rnrracingrnrracing Posts: 3Member
    I believe I found a picture of what the back of the hubcap should look like since the clips are about 5 1/4" in diameter but the flat part of the spare cover is about 9" in diameter. This picture is from a Terraplane but I am sure its the same as what I need.  Now to try and find one. 
    I will try hubcap mike.  
    Good luck ! 😊
  • ski4life65ski4life65 Posts: 1,094Expert Adviser
    what does a 35 hubcap look like?
  • JACK356JACK356 Posts: 146Member
  • JACK356JACK356 Posts: 146Member
    Type your comment