46/47 Pickup for sale South Carolina - Not Mine

Interesting video of a good looking truck for sale with a twin-H, Guys don't know much about Hudson's. I have no connection with this.

https://youtu.be/VKfOyrpa-c4

Comments

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Not sure what they are asking but it could be a good deal!  Looks pretty darn nice.

• 50C8DAN
    He is asking $14K for this one and has two more at $9K ea.  Other two, one stock original and one with single barrel 308 3spds.
  • I went and looked at these trucks yesterday. The two guys in the video put on a great "lack of Hudson knowledge" show but the actual owner/seller, Charlie,  knows Hudsons and knows exactly what he has. 

The blue 47 in the video is solid, it has been lowered, the 308 will turn over but the owner did not want to start it and the key has been misplaced and he has no 6 volt battery on site.(I brought one) The wiring is still 6 volt, per the owner but has all been redone at the firewall and is somewhat unusual. Truck shows better in the video.  Oregon title per the owner.

The second truck is complete and appears original, mostly solid but the cab floors are weak. I did not attempt to turn over the 212, Oregon title per owner.

The third truck, mostly complete, has 308 needing a rebuild per owner, 3 spd non od trans. cab floor has been patched, the cab itself looked solid, truck bed is a sheet of plywood, tail gate missing, non stock rear bumper, not sure of title status.

at least two other Hudson sedans on site needing restoration plus owner says he has some parts.  and lots of Mopar cars and parts for those straying from Hudson.
  • 50C8DAN
    Thanks for the information.  I am toying with heading over there on Friday morning to take a look.  Charlie said he actually went to Oregon and brought the two trucks back.  Seems a bit far from SC to drag a couple of Hudson trucks unless he got them for a steal.
  • 50C8DAN said:
    Thanks for the information.  I am toying with heading over there on Friday morning to take a look.  Charlie said he actually went to Oregon and brought the two trucks back.  Seems a bit far from SC to drag a couple of Hudson trucks unless he got them for a steal.
    Dan, did you get a chance to go and see these trucks ?  What did you think ?
  • 50C8DAN
    edited May 2021
    Yes I did.  It was about what you said.  The blue truck is in pretty good shape, but the bottom line is that Charlie really does not want to sell it.  He wants to sell the other two trucks.  Both would be worthy restoration candidates.  He said the guys that did the video really got ahead of him on this one and he wants to hold on to it for a while longer.  I had a good visit and there are a number of step downs there.  There were two under cover that are in fairly good shape, one that is sold or at least a deposit is a '50 Pacemaker coupe.  

There was one '51 Hollywood and several Hornet sedans.  I am not sure any would be restorable but the drivelines looked intact.  So if someone wanted a 308 and you are in the SE this might be the ticket.  Charlie said he is clearing out a lot of the older stuff this summer. Below are some pics.  BTW Charlie practiced periodontal medicine for 47 years, and raced transam and imsa back in the late 70s and early 80s.

• Did anyone get his phone number?