1936 Hudson/Terraplane gas tank needed

2»

Comments

• Courtesy Man
    Courtesy Man Expert Adviser
    My friend has a new tank made by moparpro (Ebay name) for his 1948 Dodge and I bought one to fit Hudson 1948-53 (not installed yet). Don't know what other tanks they have or can make - may be worth checking.
  • tbeilke
    tbeilke Member
    Rock Valley fabricated a stainless tank for our 54 Hornet.   High quality work for sure.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited May 2021
    It might not be worth paying extra for a repro tank in stainless, as opposed to standard carbon steel.  My '37 still has its original steel tank.  That's 84 years of service.  So long as you keep the car garaged and don't drive in the winter (on salted streets) you may do just fine with regular steel.  (How long do you plan to live, anyway?)

Of course, maybe -- after the expense of fabricating a tank -- the price difference between steel and stainless may be trifling, in terms of the whole cost.  But if a steel tank repro can be had for appreciably less than stainless, you might want to consider it.
  • Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    The difference in price between ordinary steel and stainless is negligible and a stainless tank is a good selling point if you decide to part with your car.