1952 Wasp hood release

Hello
Was just wondering if anyone has fitted a hood release cable to their short wheelbase models. I yes how did you do it?

Thanks

Steven

Comments

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    I threw away the cable, and modified it to a lever  accessed from under the grille.   After all, our cars are hardly considered " thievable" these days, and  unless you know where it is you would be unlikely to locate it
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor

My 54 Hornet Special was equipped with a hood release under the hood from the factory.  I guess by 54 Hudson did not think someone would steal it?  A good reason to get a 54?

• My 54 Hornet Special was equipped with a hood release under the hood from the factory.  I guess by 54 Hudson did not think someone would steal it?  A good reason to get a 54?

Maybe because it is a Hornet Special.... The regular 54 Hornets have a release cable inside.
  • BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    edited April 2021
    My recently purchased 54 Hudson Hornet has one side of the handle broken.  Can just the handle be replaced or does the entire cable need to be done with it?   I don’t mean to hijack the OP’s thread, but just wondering on my 54.

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    The handle is crimped on to the cable and is not replacable.