Elderly gentleman with dementia takes 350 mile ride in his Hudson pickup

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Fred Lorenz is a great guy!  Anyone who's visited the Hudson club's trailer at the Hershey flea market, and had fresh coffee, has dispensed it from one of two large carafes on the trailer's counter.  The carafes are restaurant-quality and they were gifts of Fred Lorenz many years ago.  Since we run the trailer on a shoestring, we never could have afforded such a luxury without Fred's generosity.
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    I echo Jon's comments. Fred is a Great Guy and always a dedicated Hudson enthuiast..Every Western Reserve Chapter Meeting Fred always brought more than enough delicious Donuts from his Donut Shop that everyone had some to take home....
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    I corresponded with Fred a number of years ago via email.  He had his C8 converted to PS using Hornet components.  The trick was mounting the pump on the H8.  If I remember right he also had the same guy convert his H8 to a pressurized oiling system. The guy was some sort of Nascar mechanic.  Gee that was probably over 10 years ago.
  • Val
    Val Member
    Yes thankfully it was a happy ending. And that was a great story. I sincerely hope he had a very nice final drive in that truck and enjoyed every moment of it.   
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    I spent many happy hours with Fred even though he lived 60 miles away.
    I worked on his truck when Milton Baker owned it, then Fred's wife bought it to surprise him on his birthday or anniversary.
    He did a nice job making a driver out of it.
    I helped him put his 48 Commodore back together , he did a complete restoration
    when he was 72 years old.
    Fred always looked out for other people , I hope he's healthy and can still enjoy his memories, he made a lot of them.
    I'm glad his family looks after him, hope he has some good days.
    I had to laugh when I read the article, Fred is a little " bullheaded" and Margaret
    is " strong willed" herself. Must have been quite the discussion.
    Thanks for sharing the article , although my wife and I are both sad to see him
    in his condition , he has a great family to look after him.

• BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    One hell of a last drive, God bless him for doing it!  I hope I live enough to be able to do that before I’m stripped of my freedoms by my kids....
  • 7XPacemaker
    7XPacemaker Senior Contributor
    I’ve known him since I was a kid. He is a great guy with a heart of gold. Not to mention, I DID have many of his doughnuts back then!