Another Jack Miller story

I met Jack when I joined the Michigan chapter way back in the late 70s.  The club had its monthly meetings at the Ford motors world headquarters in Dearborn MI if you can believe that!  Within a short time the new guy (me) was president of the chapter.  I met lots of great people through the club, lots were raising families like I was at the time.  We'd have picnics and all the kids would get together and have a ball.  Somewhere along there I got the pictured shirt from Jack.  Had to get it as I was restoring a '46 Super Six convert at the time.  Think I only wore it once.  Can't wear it now, too small!  I got it out after reading the last tributes to Jack in the latest WTN.  Nice remembrances.  Not sure what to do with the shirt.  Seems a shame to just leave it in the closet.  My kids won't keep it I don't think.  
     No more Hudson's in my future but I really enjoy the magazine and wish I could find out where my Hudson's disappeared to.  A '34 Terraplane coupe last seen with Burt Schwartz in Michigan, June 1982, a '46 Super Six convert (Nepal Ivory) sold at auction in Detroit Aug. 1981, and '47 Super Six convert (gun metal gray) sold at Kruse auction Scottsdale Jan. 1999.  That one went to Wisconsin.
      Many, many great memories of Hudsoning!!

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Get it framed to remember your friendship with Jack
  • Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    MickeyB said:
    I met Jack when I joined the Michigan chapter way back in the late 70s.  The club had its monthly meetings at the Ford motors world headquarters in Dearborn MI if you can believe that!  Within a short time the new guy (me) was president of the chapter.  I met lots of great people through the club, lots were raising families like I was at the time.  We'd have picnics and all the kids would get together and have a ball.  Somewhere along there I got the pictured shirt from Jack.  Had to get it as I was restoring a '46 Super Six convert at the time.  Think I only wore it once.  Can't wear it now, too small!  I got it out after reading the last tributes to Jack in the latest WTN.  Nice remembrances.  Not sure what to do with the shirt.  Seems a shame to just leave it in the closet.  My kids won't keep it I don't think.  
         No more Hudson's in my future but I really enjoy the magazine and wish I could find out where my Hudson's disappeared to.  A '34 Terraplane coupe last seen with Burt Schwartz in Michigan, June 1982, a '46 Super Six convert (Nepal Ivory) sold at auction in Detroit Aug. 1981, and '47 Super Six convert (gun metal gray) sold at Kruse auction Scottsdale Jan. 1999.  That one went to Wisconsin.
          Many, many great memories of Hudsoning!!
    I've got some photos somewhere of that Terraplane coupe - I considered buying it from Mr Swartz but didn't.
  • Does it look any different than when he drove it away from my house?  (see attached photo)