1934 dealership accessory display

dholck
dholck Expert Adviser
I'll try again - nothing last time: who knows about the 1934 Hudson dealership accessory display brochure?  I have one/had one that I cannot find anywhere.  It was essentially a picture of the display a dealership would have.  The display looked to be a sheet of plywood with the available accessories mounted to it.  So you saw chrome horns (I believe they were the long trumpets and not short like on the deluxe cars), fender lights, skirts, and various other things that were available for the cars from the parts department.  I find no evidence of this brochure anywhere on the internet or HET club literature.  Is there one to be bought, or a copy I can buy?

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Contact the Hudson literature curator at AACA museum located in Hersey PA.  Do not have contact info...maybe HET Club officers.
  • barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    Have a look at the monthly newsletters Hudson sent to the dealers. They often have a picture of all the accessories
  • I have this in my 1934 workshop manual

• dholck
    dholck Expert Adviser
    TKS.  I inquired to the AACA with their online form; we'll see what happens. 
    That 1941 picture just above gives the best idea - dealers had a board with the various accessories mounted on it for customers to see.
    If this thing is so very rare that the HET Club can't come up with it, I guess I should have kept better track of it.
  • Toddh
    Toddh Member
    Dennis,  there’s a good picture of both the small and large accessory display board in the service magazine.  Also the give the dimensions of the back board so the dealer could fabricate the display. 

I’ll scan and send to you