Quarter panel alignment advice

Hey all,

I got a replacement quarter from Doug Wildrick after a local primate with a media blasting gun said to trust him with the one that came off the car.

So now am in body work hell and need some advice. This quarter, when I loosely put in the three vertically aligned bolts and some of the remaining bolts into the spine of the quarter, does not come down enough to meet the body line of the door and body. The quarter sits taller than than the rest.

A close up from one end. 

And the other end. You can see how the quarter is like an 1/8 high. 

Full fender shot just because.  

So before I hog out the bottom of the screw hole on the body side I was coming to you all for advice/ pointers.

I know about the seam sealer that goes along the entire thing but was curious to see correct examples of junctions between these two panels.

Thanks all,

Ray

Whole body shot before doors rehung to those who might be curious. 

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Was the unibody frame repaired?  The picture of the body without doors/fenders give the optic impression of the frame being repaired as well as the channel that the fender sits upon being high at the rear door post.  Could it be that repairs while car was on on jack-stands created a bump up due to body sag?  
    Good luck in discovery of the origin and repair.