• 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    if your  a dreamer dream big !
  • Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    Perhaps he's been smoking it !???
  • barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    Always 2 sides to buying and selling a car. Nothing wrong with trying to recover the money spent on a resto. Nothing wrong trying to get a good car on the cheap at the loss of the restorer, by a person who cant or doesnt want bragging rights. I hope both parties in the end will be happy

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Must say this is probably one of the finest '57s I have ever seen, at least in photos.
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    Restoring a car today should only be done by those who build them for their own enjoyment.  Trying to sell a well restored car today, with the intent of a return on cash, is impossible.  This Hash looks to me like no expense or issue was overlooked in the build.  If he does not have that in the car, he is close to it.  I remember when a hundred point car cost ten thousand to build.  I have done quite a few at that price.  My 54 cost me $40,000 to restore.  It is a rare coupe and should sell at that price--but there are no buyers, but plenty of negative responses and people who tell me that they bought their 54 sedan, daily driver or mostly original 50,000 mile car for half the price....  Seldom do the folks quick to discount the value have any experience in a high end restoration...  I remember the day that the most negative thing you said about someone's car was: "nice car."  We live in a different world today.....  Side note... A good friend just got his orphan custom 52 car back from paint..$20,000.  Another friend with a high end collectable mid thirties car just paid a bit more for his paint....
  • I think resto costs is what has given rise to some of the Bring a Trailer prices we've seen the last few years. People pay eye-popping sums for odd-ball but original cars. Those eye-popping sums are still cheaper than re-building a restorable car. I can't believe the cost of just paint anymore.
  • BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    Bring a trailer prices are stupid crazy, that’s for sure.  This 70’s caprice sold for $58k.  There is no way I’d give $5,800 for it.  I sure hope it came with a box of masks so no one sees them in it!

• Wow. Just, wow....