duel intake or tri-power intake adapters

This has probably been talked about and I maybe have missed that string. Has anyone installed and been using either duel or tri-power Vintage Speed intakes? I've been looking at both for possible use on my engine. I'd like to know the results from other Hudson fans about how either of these intakes have worked on their cars.

Comments

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    I doubt there are many  that have tried these adapters.  As I noted before the tri-power style will sit way high and although it may fit pre-step down hoods, only a scoop on the right side of a step down will get all of that in.  The other issue is that the design is for a V type engine so it sits 90° on what a 4bbl is setup for an inline like a Clifford style manifold.  Using a 2bbl to 1bbl adapter would at least let you use Weber 2 stage 2bbls on a Twin H and it would probably fit without much fuss.  

I don't see any real interest in designing a new Hudson manifold from my post.  I am guessing that even with a cast iron manifold to copy we would be looking at $8K to $10K perhaps to design and make the sand cast tooling for an aluminum version.  It may be well better and cheaper to get a billet manifold made that will do what you want.
  • Courtesy Man
    Courtesy Man Expert Adviser
    There is also the problem of over-carburation . I wonder what the limits are ?
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Just a little INTERNET based eye candy 
    This is an engine that is installed in a 1954 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe.   The owner I believe sold the car ... but was originally based in  the state of Washington