Jack Miller has died.

Jon B
Jon B Administrator
edited December 2020 in HUDSON
Jack Carl Miller, one of the giants of modern-day Hudsondom, passed away on December 28, 2020 at the age of 81.  Here is an on-line obituary: https://www.starkfuneral.com/obituary/jack-carl-miller?lud=D1C9464BCC4290F19418EA3955FCF2DF

Jack was the son of a Hudson dealer in Ypsilanti, Michigan, and he maintained the dealership long after Hudson was discontinued.  It then became a center of activity for Hudson enthusiasts and, today, it houses The National Hudson Motor Car Company Museum.  Jack served as president of the Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club and edited its magazine, The White Triangle News, for 14 years.  He started the Ypsilanti Automobile Heritage Museum (in the same building) and began the Orphan Car Show in Ypsilanti.  He wrote books and magazine articles about Hudsons and spread word of the marque and club through interviews on the radio and TV and in magazines.

We offer condolences to Jack's family.

For those unacquainted with Jack's accomplishments, here is a 2010 article from Hemmings Motor News:  https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/jack-miller

Comments

• Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    Jon,  Thanks for your kind words about my friend Jack. Friends since the 1960's. Thanks also for the link to the Hemmings article.  Many Hudson folks will miss him.
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    A good man.
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Met him at a gas station in Cobleskill, NY.  He introduced me to the HET club.
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Jack was the one that got me into the club back in 1985.  He sent me several WTN and I talked to him on the phone.  Later I visited his place 3 or 4 times over the years.  Sorry to hear this, he was the real deal and sadly there are getting to be fewer and fewer members that had a connection to the HMC!
  • I got to know Jack a little bit from my infrequent stops at the museum in Ypsilanti.  He was always willing to chat about Hudsons and was a tremendous ambassador for the marque.
  • I knew Jack well when I was in the Michigan club for several years.  If anyone has access to an old WTN from 1995 or 1996 I wrote a letter in praise of Jack and another member Charlie Regnerus and how they both came to the assistance of me and my friend when we did the Interstate Batteries Great Race in 1995.  The only time that race was run internationally, from Ottawa Canada to Mexico City.  We had a 1937 Terraplane, car number 88 in the race.  The story is too long to go into here, but both Jack and Charlie were hugely responsible for us being in the race!  I will always be in their debt for the memories I have of that time.  RIP both of those fine gentlemen!
    Mike Corless