Any Info On 1926 Anderson Bodied Hudson

Jay_G
Jay_G Expert Adviser
So I looking for any information that anyone has on the custom ordered Anderson Bodied Hudson coupe of 1926.  A pic of a similar car is in the Butler book.  I purchased the car from Paul O'Neil about a year ago.  It was in good condition but had not run in years.  Since then I got it running and driving.  I have made a few changes that I hope help this car along its journey.

I have rewired the car, replaced the fuel and vacuum lines and I am trying to bring the wiper motor back to life.  but again any information on these cars, especially pictures of the interior or exterior paint when new would be great.

You can see other photos the car if you Google 1926 Hudson.  They were from many years ago.  But they represent the car well.

Jay

Comments

• do you have do you have a photo where you two are not blocking out the details of the car ?
    I am 6’3” and Have a 25 hudson and I’m surprised how low your coupe is. 
  • If memory serves... I think Anderson and Pioneer Body Company in Sidney, Ohio were connected somehow.
  • Jay, google Pioneer Body Company. There is a photo of a mid 20's Hudson roadster with a golf club door and rumble seat steps like your car has.
  • VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor

• VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor
    Copied per Dany's suggestion. LQQKs like the head lights are different.  >:)
  • Reading the whole article, the one in the photo above, is a '27. The article mentions a 26 that I believe to be Jay's car, but there is no photo. 
     It also states that there were photos in a publication (magazine?) called Automotive Industries on July 15, 1926 and July 29, 1926.
  • Jay_G
    Jay_G Expert Adviser
    I have tried to google the magazine and I can't find the article.  I am going to try and post another picture of it in my shop. Ok, that failed.  The file must be too large.  I am 6'4" and I fit in the car reasonably well.  Although getting my feet in and out is a pain as the width between the seat and the front pilar is narrow. 
  • Jay_G
    Jay_G Expert Adviser
    One more time.  A past owner sitting in the car........
  • Very cool. Nice collection. Do I see new tires to get ride of those white walls. 
  • That needs the twin H setup with Zenith carbs that Dad had. I thing he sold it to Evo C.
  • If anyone is having trouble finding the info I referred to, go to www.coachbuilt.com

At the home page, in the left column, under the heading "Automobile Bodies" click on "Anderson".... There it is.