Pickup interior sun visors

I just installed interior sun visors in my 46 Hudson pickup.  The threaded holes are all ready there and you can feel them with your finger through the headliner. I got a pair from a 46 sedan. I never saw a pickup with inside visors? Because the pickups were made out of sedans the threaded holes are already there.

Comments

• My truck had them, but they mounted at the center, above the windshield. there is a set of holes there as well.
  • LanceB
    LanceB Senior Contributor
    I have them in my truck and like 54coupe they mounted in the middle.  I will take a picture and post.
  • Actually the trucks were made and based on the Super series  Hudsons.  Interior setups were sparse compared with the Commodore series. The inside sun visors for the trucks were the shorter center hinged versions rather than the swing arm Commodore versions. That said, if a customer wanted Commodore visors a dealership could install them.
  • VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor
    My '42 Hudson Coupe has the holes same as the above picture and the center hinged version. 
  • The step downs continued that tradition as well 
  • LanceB
    LanceB Senior Contributor
    My '46 has the mounting holes in both locations.  Production decision to be able to offer either type of visor.  I used the center holes because that was the type of visor that was available to me when I was restoring my pickup.  Here are my pictures.  I must admit that the visors block too much of the windshield while driving.
  • I started out with 46 Commodore visors that were really in bad condition. Then I got an identical pair out of a 54 Hornet. The 46-47 were mounted with 1/4 20 bolts into threaded holes.  The 54 visors used sheet metal thread screws, so I used the 46 bolts with the 54 visors.