1935 Hudson Deluxe 8 Correct upholstery pattern?

Ern
Ern Senior Contributor
Hi Guy's, I am restoring a 1935 Hudson 8 Deluxe and am up to the upholstery stage. I plan to do it in gray bedford cord but am a little confused with the pattern. The advertising leaflets show a different pattern on the seats to what I have found in cars. Can anyone inform me of the correct pattern please!
Regards Ern

Comments

• Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    Assuming the 1935 models' interiors weren't much different from 1934, the no cost choices in 1934 were bedford cord or mohair with broadcloth at extra cost. UK built cars had leather as an option.
     I did my car in plain light gray mohair. The previous owner had used tan corduroy  (the type they use to make pants) - which looked awful - but underneath I found scraps of gray cloth with a faint stripe in it - a bit like the cloth used in Model As.
    That's easy to get in the US but not in the UK, hence I used plain mohair.
     I hope this helps.
    David.
  • Ern
    Ern Senior Contributor
    Thanks David, do you recall what colour the faint stripe was? I have samples from U.S.A. and one was gray with a thin burgundy strip but I thought that might be more like the fifties. Is yours anything like either one in the photos?
    Ern.
  • Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    Ern,
    I'll have a look in my bits and pieces box as I might still have a little bit of it. If I have, I'll send it to you.
    If I haven't, one of the SMS fabrics was pretty close and that was described as early 1930s Ford.
    I'd be interested to see some pics of your car if you'll private message them to me, please.
     I don't seem to be able to download a pic of my interior on the Forum so I will send one to your email.
    David.
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    SMS good quialty very bad company to deal with beware
  • barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    Looking very nice Ern. Hope you will be ready for the next bi-annual rally in Adelaide.
  • Mon intérieur d'origine