Hudson Toy

Trevor J
Trevor J Expert Adviser
This Hudson Toy is advertised for sale on a web site in NewZealand Quite a cool toy but it is described as a Hudson and they were made around 1949.  Just out of interest did Hudson ever  make something like this perhaps a factory truck

Comments

• Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    Not sure it's got anything to do with Hudson but it certainly is a lovely bit of Art Deco !
  • Looks cool, it could have been an airport or factory vehicle. Prefect for motorcycle transport!
  • stbryson
    stbryson Senior Contributor
    Hello,

It was made by Tootsietoy, and is what they called a 1947 Hudson Pickup.  They show up quite often on E-Bay. 

Take care,

Steve Bryson
  • Old Fogey UK
    stbryson said:
    Hello,

It was made by Tootsietoy, and is what they called a 1947 Hudson Pickup.  They show up quite often on E-Bay. 

Take care,

Steve Bryson
    Thanks, I'll look out for one.
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    edited November 2020
    I have the book, "Collectors Guide to Tootsietoys" 2nd edition.  It lists this particular toy truck as a "Hudson Pickup" being made from 1947 - 1949, 4" long and is considered rare (book is copyrighted 1996 so perhaps it was rare before the internet really took hold with on-line sales and auctions). 
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    I suspect Trevor is approaching second childhood!
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    I never had any toys as a kid so I am making up for it.  I'm getting short of room for the full size ones but there is always room for one more.
  • Old Fogey UK
    I still have my Dinky Toys Stepdown in cream with maroon roof. It's in a suitcase full of Dinky Toys in my attic. I've never been able to bear parting with them.
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    I still have my Dinky Toys Stepdown in cream with maroon roof. It's in a suitcase full of Dinky Toys in my attic. I've never been able to bear parting with them.
    Too bad, they should be on display!
  • Old Fogey UK
    Kdancy said:
    Too bad, they should be on display!
    Tell that to Mrs Fogey !  :D