1938 country club

2manyprojects
2manyprojects Expert Adviser
need a picture of the  floor shifter that comes apart when you use the electric hand. i have the bottom piece but the removeable part of the shifter is gone. need to see the area where they join how it fastens upper to lower.  thank you

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    You're looking for a photo of the actual "emergency" shift lever which "plugs into" the stud (the one sticking out of the floor)?  The shift lever is the one which is held by straps to the passenger's side upholstered panel, forward of the door and under the dashboard.
  • 2manyprojects
    yes exactly. thank you
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited November 2020
    Here is the stud at the top of the transmission, visible through the floor.  It's basically a short rod with a slot at the top:

Here is the underside of the emergency shift lever, which plugs into the floor stud.

Basically, what you have is a steel rod (forming the lever) with a short steel collar welded to the outside.  As I recall, there is a steel pin passing through the walls of the collar, perpendicular to the line of the rod.  The collar slips around the floor stud and the pin engages the slot in the floor stud so that the shift lever does not rotate around the floor stud.

I borrowed these images from our Forum member "Big Sky".
  • 2manyprojects
    i have the floor piece needed to see what the upper looked like. thanks for your help.
  • 2manyprojects
    Jon   b   do you have a picture of the straps that holds this shifter in place. thank you
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    No I don't.
  • 2manyprojects
    thank for your help