YnZ wire harness

kamzack
kamzack Senior Contributor

As some have said in the past, we don't often share our experiences with a vendor unless there's trouble. Few months back I needed an overdrive harness for a 46 truck with 308 and overdrive. Order was placed on a Thursday and I had it in my hands following Wednesday. And they are reproducing the Essex plugs. Instructions and diagrams made it very easy to follow. Couple weeks ago I had  the starter circut short and all da smoke got out of several wires rendering it useless. Called Chris again at YnZ and he was able to put together a correct harness. Also sent extra Terminals and insulators. Again same delivery time. Took about 45 minutes to install. They're located in Redlands, Cal., I'm in middle Tenn. and to get parts made and delivered in that kind a time is great service. He did say that complete harnesses are 3 months out and I'm hapyy for them that they're that busy  Good for them and us.
    Kim

Comments

• 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    just ordered a complete harness for my 1938 country club,yes 3 months out.
  • It takes a while to get one of their harnesses, but it was worth it.
  • 7XPacemaker
    7XPacemaker Senior Contributor
    Last that I knew, their harnesses did not match the factory schematic like Rhodesia Island wiring did. Has that changed?
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    They do outstanding work
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    YnZ made one for my 54 Hudson, I had them add circuits for a spotlight, fog lights, electric fuel pump and had them add extra length to the rear license plate light because I added a continental kit, it was a perfect fit without any problem.  I also had them make one for my 1940 Packard funeral coach.  I took the original one out intact and sent it to them and asked them to add a circuit for an electric fan and electric fuel pump.  It was a beautiful piece of work and a perfect fit.

John Forkner
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Have just ordered a complete loom from them  for a '48 commodore 8 coupe, so will let you know how it goes.  
  • I’ve got YNZ’s. Harnesses in my 29 Hudson, 34 Plymouth, and I just put one in my 51 commodore Hollywood. I like there co. Because when you order a harness you get every wire in the car, instead of having to order each individual harness and light harness separately.
  • VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor
    I’ve got YNZ’s. Harnesses and Over drive in my '50 Hudson Commodore Sedan. Had it installed 1n 1981-82. They had data that the harness was the same as a later year Hudson, found out it was different. Well the installer needed to make the modification. YNZ new that I had a '30 Hudson Coupe so they made a Harness for free. They are great people to work with. VicTor