WTB 37 Hudson Door/Window Handles

BigSky
BigSky Senior Contributor
Looking for interior Door handles and window cranks for my 37.  Also looking for exterior chrome parts or the 37 as well.  Thanks 

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I seem to recall that the interior door pulls are similar to those in a Jet.  If they are (and they would fit the shaft) maybe that would be a good stop-gap until the real thing comes along.  (Of course, there aren't that many Jet parts around, either!)
  • BigSky
    Have a stop gap currently, thus looking for correct handles now.  
  • I'm pretty sure I have some of those but would really need a picture of them to be sure.
  • BigSky

• BigSky
    Anyone know of a source for the window knobs?  I looked around & don’t find anything even close. 
  • barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    They can be cast, turned up on a lathe or salvaged from all the broken winders. While its nice to have original ones, as long as they are similar to original and the same on all doors is OK for me.
  • BigSky
    Thanks for the suggestions but I have no lathe & no casting ability currently.  Plus I haven’t seen a supply anywhere so hopefully someone has some or a simpler option for me.  I’d love to have original but if not then I guess I’ll have to start looking at other makes to perhaps use there complete handles.  Kinda like I’ll need to be doing for a hood ornament & base, can’t find any 37 Hudson so I’ll have to just find another make.  Then I may have a Fordson or a Hudbaker!  Sucks not being able to find Hudson parts!
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited November 2020
    The Jet handles are somewhat similar to the '37's, especially if you trade the plastic escutcheon plates for something more 1937-like.  The window winder, of course, has a chrome knob that would have to be replaced with a plastic one.

Or, you could just live with these until something better comes along.

The main thing is to be sure that the handles fit, and pin to, the original winder / latch shaft.

I've probably suggested this before, but a nice photo of the original handles, along with some measurements, could be e-mailed to several of our WTN Hudson parts vendors.  They accumulate boxes and boxes of miscellaneous parts (like interior door handles) from many years of Hudson, and often they have no idea what they fit.  With your photo and dimensions they might find exactly what you need in one or their piles of parts.

You might throw in a photo of that hood ornament as well.  No telling what treasures await, in those mysterious piles...

• Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    You you can use French Traction Avant chrome escutcheons - I did.
    They're exactly the same.

www.depanoto-boutique.com
  • Old Fogey UK
    You you can use French Traction Avant chrome escutcheons - I did.
    They're exactly the same.

www.depanoto-boutique.com
    I've looked at the website and it looks like Traction interior door handles and window winders might be suitable too.
  • BigSky
    If I only could read French!  
  • Old Fogey UK
    BigSky said:
    Copy the text and put it in Google Translate - or I could link you to the relevant web pages if it helps you.
  • Old Fogey UK
    BigSky said:
    Alternatively, have a look at some British websites like Paul Beck or Woollies. They (and others) have a selection of repro handles, etc.