Gray rocker panel

drivergo2
drivergo2 Expert Adviser
On a 52 hornet the gray rocker panel with the two tri angel Crome pieces that run the length of the car is that removeable. Is it with nuts and bolts or screws how does it come off ?.Any help would be appreciated . Thanks John

Comments

• John, The two triangle profile stainless trim pieces on your Hornet rocker panel are snap fitted on (from the factory anyway) . The way to remove them is to carefully pry them off with non marring tools. Don't be in a hurry and gently work with a couple of tools to remove them. Be patient and good luck.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    I think John is asking about how to remove the entire rocker panel.  If so, these are screwed on.   The sill plates have to be unscrewed and the entire rocker can then be removed, if you can actually get the screws to undo!  I'm faced with this with a '48 Coupe I have in the workshop at the moment.  Good luck,
    Geoff 
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Years past a HET poster provided information on this tool... I bought it and it works every Tim for me... sorry if this is a post hyjack  
  • drivergo2
    drivergo2 Expert Adviser
    Thank you all, as it turns out iam going to do both put the tri angels on one side take the hole panel off on the other, Have about a inch tear on the front of the gray panel  .Thanks John
  • drivergo2
    drivergo2 Expert Adviser
    Glowplug would that also be called a lefty or another tool like it, Seems to me I read something about that years ago, Thanks John