remanufactured Differential Gears

allanallan Posts: 205Member
I am looking for one of the 3:59 gear sets that have been reproduced over the years by various individuals.  Please contact me if you have one these you do not plan to use.

Allan

Comments

• Jon BJon B Posts: 7,135Administrator
    Wasn't Ivan Zaremba selling those?
  • bob wardbob ward Posts: 1,185Senior Contributor
    Ivan Zaremba organised a small batch (15 to 20 sets?) of 6 bolt CWP that were pre-ordered and became available at the time of the Colorado Springs 2015 National.
    Prior to that Pat McDonald of the ROC in the UK had the same diff gears made.

• allanallan Posts: 205Member
    BUMP:  this lead was followed to a dead end.  I'm looking for a set of gears from previous batches that may not have been installed.  If you know of someone who bought a set and have not used them, please send me the contact info to follow up on.

There have been sets reproduced in both 6 bolt and 8 bolt versions!

Thanks,
    Allan
    One thought is that there have been rapid advances in CNC technology in the last few years, getting a single set made may no longer be cost prohibitive. 
  • allanallan Posts: 205Member
    Good idea, but I would still need a set to copy.
    Allan
    The CNC guys could work from a 4.11 CWP, that would give them enough info from which to develop the computer model for a  3.59 set. 
  • Old Fogey UKOld Fogey UK Posts: 425Expert Adviser
     dbob ward said:
    Ivan Zaremba organised a small batch (15 to 20 sets?) of 6 bolt CWP that were pre-ordered and became available at the time of the Colorado Springs 2015 National.
    Prior to that Pat McDonald of the ROC in the UK had the same diff gears made.

I'm afraid Pat died recently.
    The gear sets may be still be available through the ROC.
    They can be contacted via their website.

Very sorry to hear that.  He was a good man, and very helpful to his fellow club members by having these gears reproduced.  He had been over to the States on several occasions, to attend H-E-T meets, and I was happy to have met him.
    Jon B said:
    Very sorry to hear that.  He was a good man, and very helpful to his fellow club members by having these gears reproduced.  He had been over to the States on several occasions, to attend H-E-T meets, and I was happy to have met him.
    Jon,
    There was a really nice one in the ROC magazine a couple of issues ago. I am surprised they didn't pass it on to the HET.
    If you contact them via their website I'm sure they'll forward it.
    Yes, the Northern Irish dentist was a nice man - RIP.
    They may have passed it on, and possibly Sam Jackson already has the obit.  Because this is the first I'd heard about Pat's passing, I thought I'd see if there was an obit, then pass it along to Sam on the chance he didn't have it yet.  A search on the internet proved fruitless.
    Jon B said:
    They may have passed it on, and possibly Sam Jackson already has the obit.  Because this is the first I'd heard about Pat's passing, I thought I'd see if there was an obit, then pass it along to Sam on the chance he didn't have it yet.  A search on the internet proved fruitless.
    If I can get the relevant ROC Bulletin back from my friend, I'll scan it and email it to you.
    Jon B said:
    If I can get the relevant ROC Bulletin back from my friend, I'll scan it and email it to you.
    Jon - I've just sent you a private message about a link to the online version of the ROC Bulletin that carried Pat's obituary.