1929 gearbox

Its interesting pulling to bits old motors and gearboxes, looking for good parts, seeing how good the previous mechanic was and to see why the motors failed. Ive seen missing conrod oil fingers, split pins put in wrong, failed bearings, and missing parts. Ive stripped a lot of motors and I swear that aradite glue must have been used in the oil and grease because its hard to clean ones hands afterwards. When the fibre cam gears fail in the later motors, Im amazed to still find deep metal cuts and burs in the crankshafts. Some of the metal burrs fall off into the motors when you touch them - not good. I have stripped mainly 1923 to 1926 Hudson motors and also 1936 to 1947 Hudson motors. Im 65 now and would like to empty my shed of some parts. Freight to the USA from Australia is not cheap but the conversion rate is bad for me and good for you. I reply to    hetozhudson@gmail.com   delete the het.
Im now working on a 1929 gearbox, going into my 1924 Hudson because I would prefer a one plate clutch. I see that there is very little difference between this box and the 1923-26 gearboxes. The 1929 box has no outside threaded holes for the handbrake ratchet, and the front top input shaft to and all to including the flywheel is different. So it appears that one just needs a front input shaft to upgrade an earlier gearbox. I believe the earlier gearboxes had a large ball bearing between the input shaft and the top main shaft for end thrust. Ive pulled three 1929 gearboxes down trying to find good parts. Two had no thrust balls and the third had an unusual blued, burred and bent thrust "pin". I have also replaced the rear top bearing as per previous comments on this site. Comments about the gearbox conversion and any experiences would be welcome. Thanks, Barry