Fwd: [HSS] Marvel Carb Needle Valve for 29 Hudson

To: "HudsonSuperSix16-29" <HudsonSuperSix16-29@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, February 6, 2017 6:33:37 PM
Subject: Re: [HSS] Marvel Carb Needle Valve for '29 Hudson

In my 29 I installed a ball valve in place of the needle valve, and replaced the cork float with a foam float from Bob's Automobilia Buick parts in CA. And he has thegasket for the float cover.

Sent from my iPhone
On Feb 6, 2017, at 3:11 PM, Geoffrey Clark geoffclark@xtra.co.nz [HudsonSuperSix16-29] <HudsonSuperSix16-29@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

This is a perennial problem with the Marvel carb.   You could try lowering the float level. I'm not sure of the specific gravity of ethanol blended gas, but it has probably eaten away the sealant on the cork float by now.   to lower the level you have to bend the arm that float is screwed to.   You could also try re-seating the needle valve with  silver polish.  Now and again thee are new floats advertised on ebay, made of modern material. Good lcuk,
Geoff

On Tuesday, 7 February 2017 7:57 AM, "'J Lombard' jlombard@jtlombard.com [HudsonSuperSix16-29]" <HudsonSuperSix16-29@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Jack could you expand on your fuel shut off valve solution? Where did you get the shut-off valve & how exactly did you mount it?

regards

J Lombard